Tuesday, October 13, 2009
This is the 2nd Year that we are posting how to apply for Holiday Assistance Programs. You'll see quite a few
posts here, hope one helps you and yours this Holiday!
Who Can Apply
The Salvation Army Angel Tree Program assists residents of Jefferson, Bullitt, Spencer, and Oldham counties. Only children born after January 1, 1996 are eligible for assistance.
Where to Apply
The Salvation Army Christmas Center located at 6709 Preston Highway.
The Christmas Center is located directly behind The Salvation Army Thrift Store and across Preston Highway from the Sam's Club gas pumps.
When to Apply
October 19-24 and October 26-31, 2009 from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Gates will not unlock before 9:00 am
How to Apply
Use the following checklist to make sure you have all the required documents:
* Valid (not expired) photo ID issued by government agency, school, or employer.
* Proof of residence in Jefferson, Bullitt, Oldham, or Spencer county. (Utility bill received in the mail since July 2009 or current lease)
* Proof of income from employer for all earners claimed as part of the household (3 recent pay stubs) -OR- Benefits award letter for food stamps, KCHIP, or LIHEAP dated March 2009. SSI, TANF, Section 8 or low rent public housing notification letter are NOT acceptable.
* Proof of children's ages with a birth certificate, health insurance card, computer-generated school document, or immunization certificate.
* Social Security cards for EACH member of the household.
* Cell phones may not be used while applicant is inside of the Christmas Center
* Applicant must bring all documents with them to the Christmas Center. If any documents are missing, the applicant will have to return another day.
* You should also be able to provide clothing sizes, height, and weight for each eligible child.
* Non-English speaking applicants should bring an English-speaking interpreter with them for more efficient service.
* Cars with infants, toddlers, or children will not be allowed to enter the parking area. The parking lot will be patrolled for enforcement.
* Children under the age of 14 are not allowed in the Christmas Center under any circumstances and may not be considered an interpreter for an applicant.
* Applicants will be served on a first come, first serve basis and may have to wait for service. Only applicants will be allowed to entr the Christmas Center.
If you have any questions,
call The Salvation Army Christmas Help Line